Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My right breast has been itchy off and on for a while along…

Hello, my right...

Hello, my right breast has been itchy off and on for a while along with discharge, normally clear color, but today it's like a green color. I was looking for a breats specialist, but I can only find an oncologist. Should I see a regular doctor first, or go to an oncologist?

Doctor's Assistant: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?

Not really, just mentally, I thought that it could be because of my hypothyroidism, but my lythroxin hasn't helped at all.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I also have hashimoto's autoimmune disease

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Are your periods regular?

Any sore,wound,redness,swelling on breast?

Pain?

Duration of symptoms?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

I am 26 I've had discharge ever since I was pregnant, but I last breast fed about 4yrs ago. I know the discharge was normal and it was confirmed by my previous doctors. However, I think about 3months ago is when the discharge turned clear and more often, today is the first day I've seen it a green color. Usually the discharge is only from right side and the itchiness is always just my right one. I believe the itching started just last year, bit never thought anything of it. Could this be related? I do also get some swelling and soreness when it's not during my cycle. My periods are normally regular. I did have it 3x in June and twice in July, so far only once this month. One of my friends had the same issue so I think we had gotten synced. She moved away the begining of last month and it seems to be normal again. My OB/GYN said she thought the discharged was because of my hypothyroid but the medicine hasn't helped. The last time I saw her for it was in May or April. I did run out of my medicine last month too.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, possible differential diagnosis may include

1. Infection

2. breast abscess

3. Fibroadenoma or fibrocystic disease ( benign)

4. Hormonal imbalances.

You should apply OTC hydrocort cream to relieve itching.

Apply warm compresses gently.

You should see your doctor again if it's increasing with foul smell.

Antibiotics can be prescribed in case of infection.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Thank you for your help! I will go back to my doctor.

Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician