Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I know due dates change and vary from the time the child is…

I know due dates...

I know due dates change and vary from the time the child is in the womb..but after the child is born is a that a hard count of weeks? Would 39 actually mean 39..and not an adjusted week?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Ni

8/17/2017
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD)

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

The calculations are pretty accurate these days. If you are being told 39 weeks, then you can rely on that.

Even if the exact day of conception would make it 38 weeks? I ask because the conception date was June 12, 2016, my son was born February 21,*****said he was a week early...at 39 week 7lbs 8oz. His mother almost went into labor 3 times and the Dr stopped it till the time of birth.. it just has my curiosity peaked.

I understand the question.

Technically, a full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. However, anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks is considered normal. In fact, we would call a 39 week pregnancy "full term". Stopping labor would not be appropriate after 38 wekks. But, depending on the situation, it could be advantageous to stop labor prior to that time.

in your professional opinion 39 weeks is a good measurment.. not the 38 I count on the calender from date of conception

I am inclined to trust the number you were given.

Ok thank you God bless Dr. I wish you peace love and all the thing I wish for myself.

You are very kind, and you are very welcome.

Good luck.

Please do not forget to leave a rating.

Thank you.

Don you think i need a peternity test? We didnt have intercourse prior to the 12 of june.

It does not sound like that is necessary

Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD)
I will thank you

You are welcome