Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein,
Experience:  MD at Kid Care Pediatrics
94200738

I know due dates change and vary from the time the child is

I know due dates change and vary from the time the child is in the womb..but after the child is born is a that a hard count of weeks? Would 39 actually mean 39..and not an adjusted week?
JA: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?
Customer: Ni
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No

Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.

The calculations are pretty accurate these days. If you are being told 39 weeks, then you can rely on that.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Even if the exact day of conception would make it 38 weeks? I ask because the conception date was June 12, 2016, my son was born February 21,*****said he was a week early...at 39 week 7lbs 8oz. His mother almost went into labor 3 times and the Dr stopped it till the time of birth.. it just has my curiosity peaked.

I understand the question.

Technically, a full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. However, anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks is considered normal. In fact, we would call a 39 week pregnancy "full term". Stopping labor would not be appropriate after 38 wekks. But, depending on the situation, it could be advantageous to stop labor prior to that time.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
in your professional opinion 39 weeks is a good measurment.. not the 38 I count on the calender from date of conception

I am inclined to trust the number you were given.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you God bless Dr. I wish you peace love and all the thing I wish for myself.

You are very kind, and you are very welcome.

Good luck.

Please do not forget to leave a rating.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Don you think i need a peternity test? We didnt have intercourse prior to the 12 of june.

It does not sound like that is necessary

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will thank you

You are welcome