Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I picked something up today and heard a tearing sound in my…

I picked something up...

I picked something up today and heard a tearing sound in my shoulder

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

Haven't seen a Dr. No meds

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

None, codene

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Good health all around

8/11/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Is your shoulder hurting you now?

I took two bc powders about three hrs ago, and yes it's hurting now

Where exactly is the pain located and can you fully move your shoulder in every direction?

Full motion, but with pain in certain poistions

OK

The tearing sound was likely one of the tendons in your rotator cuff and you may have partially torn one of them since if it were a full tear you probably wouldn't have full range of motion of the shoulder

For now I suggest topical over the counter capsaicin cream and oral ibuprofen along with ice for the first 24 hours and then heat along with rest

But unless this gets a lot better in a couple of days you need to have your doctor check it out with an exam and an MRI of the shoulder

Partialy tears of the rotator cuff are initially treated with physical therapy and perhaps a cortisone injection

Please let me know if you need any more information

Mostly at the top

Did you get my answer?

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)