Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

What causes weiğt loss, skin discolorations and darkening of…

What causes weiğt loss...

What causes weiğt loss, skin discolorations and darkening of palms and feet

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?

Yes my palms and feet have turned really dark and their are discoloring marks all over my skin

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have had a series of blood tests and it has been suggested that I get a bone marrow transplant

8/7/2017
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

do you have any results of your blood tests?

why do you need a bone marrow transplant?

25yrs old...lots of blood tests...negative for STDs...unsure what is wrong...heard recurring talks about possible lupus...was hospitalized about a year ago...i think i had a blood transfusion...skin cleared up, appetite came back, energy was up after this...but as of a month ago...I am feeling a decline in health...as if I am back where I was a year ago

lupus is not treated with bone marrow transplantation.

lupus is caused by your body's own immune system being too overactive and attacking your body's own cells.

immunosuppression can help improve your lupus symptoms

you should see a rheumatology specialist, these are the doctors who treat patients who have lupus.

Unfortunately...I live in the Bahamas and it is difficult to get in touch with a haematologist or rheumotologist...i am a bit discouraged at the moment

I see.

you should see your primary care doctor and ask to get copies of your blood testing results

I would be happy to review them with you.

Ok

don't be discouraged.

when is your next appointment with your primary care doctor?

Next Tuesday

I see.

ask your doctor about lupus and if you need treatment for your lupus.

Can lupus be detected by blood tests?...or a series of symptoms??

yes, lupus can be detected by specific blood test such as ANA anti nuclear antibody tests and other blood tests which can be expensive and rare.

symptoms like facial butterfly cheek rash and other symptoms can also point to lupus autoimmune disease as well.

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Thank you...you have been a big help thus far...

thanks

good luck to you

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)