Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I would like to know about I have found in my stool like a…

Customer Question
Hello I would like...

Hello I would like to know about I have found in my stool like a kidney bean like an egg what can be

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Loss of appetite ,headache

Doctor's Assistant: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?

Every day and nausea

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Yes I already went and I ll have a colonoscopy this Thursday. ..what do you think can be please?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
8/7/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually there are a number of conditions which can cause this sort of problem. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have passed an egg especially if it was very small in size, it could have been an egg of a parasite however usually those are not visible to the naked eye. It is more likely that what you saw was actually mucus from the intestine which appeared as a kidney bean like structure, mucus is fomred in the intestine in larger quantities and may be thickened in the absence of an adequate amount of fluid in the body which can lead it to adopting a more solid form. The mucus could be formed because of infections in the intestine or due to autoimmune diseases which can cause inflammation of the lining of the intestine. This would be easily diagnosed on a simple colonoscopy.

Another cause can be a worm itself which is being passed out, dead worms can be passed out and appear in this manner as well

But again i think this is likely to be mucus which would be picked up easily on the colonoscopy on thursday.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/