Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My 7 year old daughter is having a weird pain that started…

Customer Question
Thank you. My 7...

Thank you. My 7 year old daughter is having a weird pain that started in her shoulder last night but now it is in mid bicept. It comes in for 3 to 4 minutes or sometimes like 15 minutes but then goes away. It is her right arm. She says when it comes on it really hurts. I had the same issue about 6 months ago. Should I take her in now or can she wait til tomorrow

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?

Great except she had strep throat right now. She is on antibiotics. And it is coming and going randomly like every half hour or so the pain comes on.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Health
8/7/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD) replied 6 months ago
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)

Hi, Dr. Mo here with JA. Please let me review the information and I'll reply shortly.

If she looks well and is able to function fine otherwise I have no reason to suspect anything dangerous or imminent that would require her to get seen right away. I suspect it's a spasm, that's exactly how spasms present in younger children. I think it would be perfectly fine to wait it out and see how things progress.

Please let me know if I can still help you out with any further questions on this topic.

Can I still help you with this situation? Any further questions for me that I may answer?

Please let me know if you have any other questions I may answer for you.

Otherwise, you can end this conversation by clicking on the Rating button.

Hi there, please let me know if I can still help you with this or if you have any further questions. If not, please click on the "Rating" button. Thank you for letting me help you with this issue.

Please let me know if you have further questions regarding this.

Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)