Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have RLM pneumonia for 3 weeks now. I'm still feeling so…

Customer Question
I have RLM pneumonia...

I have RLM pneumonia for 3 weeks now. I'm still feeling so much pain in my chest, upper back and down my arm... should i go back in to get checked out again or wait it out?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?

I just have to work harder to breath. i had pneumonia in the same spot 3 months ago.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

For me pneumonia comes out of no where. I perfectly fine then out of no where half way through my day i have bad chest pain

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Health
my head feels cloudy... its very hard to focus and i get dizzy at times
8/6/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 9 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age and gender?

Were any investigations done for present symptoms?

im 34 female.... im waiting to see a specialist but the waiting list is long and a ct scan

You may get the following investigations to ascertain the cause;

A) Pulmonary function tests;

1) In spirometry you exhale in a mouthpiece which is connected to a computer. How fast and how much you exhale tells about the various lung functions and capacities.

2) Lung volume measurement is done by body plethysmography. One sits in a clear airtight small chamber and technologist asks you to breathe in and out of a mouthpiece. Changes in pressure inside the box help determine the lung volume.

3) The diffusion capacity is measured by breathing a harmless gas, for only one breath. The concentration of the gas in the air one breathes out is measured. The difference in the amount of gas inhaled and exhaled measures how effectively gas travels from the lungs into the blood.

B) High resolution CT scan of the chest.

C) MRI of neck; pinched nerves in neck can cause your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)