Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I do have a question, I feel a pain right above my penis…

I do have a...

I do have a question

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

I feel a pain right above my penis when I get a boner

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the issue? Is this your first time reaching out for information about it?

A week I guess and it my first reaching out

8/5/2017
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Do you have pain on head or base of penis?

Do you have history of unprotected sex?

Any rash,bump,redness,swelling on affected site?

Pain during urination?

Are you taking any medicines?

Any medical illness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

I'm 20 years old and no to all other questions

Are you having pain in lower abdomen?

Any burning while urination?

no burning while urination

Any history of injury to penis?

Any history of curved or bent penis?

Severity of pain abdomen during erection?

1: No.
2:My penis is curved slightly to the left
3: no it's not a severe pain

Any history of using penile injections?

Any history of using penile pumps?

No

In my opinion you should be further investigated especially urine complete examination,ultrasound of whole abdomen,scrotum,testicles and penis.

To rule out prostatitis as a cause of pain.

Pain you describe can be due to overuse.

Priapism is a condition in which a penis remains erect for hours in the absence of stimulation or after stimulation has ended.

To rule out any urinary tract stone.

Over masurbation could be the reason ?
If I stop it for a while would that pain go away ?
To be honest with you. Lately, I have been over masturbating and I feel like that's the reason.

Thank you for replying back.

Over masturbation can be aggravating factor.

And you should stop it and take OTC Advil in the meantime.

Wear loose fitted cotton fabric under garments.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Ok, for how long should I stop it? And why would I take OTC advil ?

You should stop it for 5-7 days.

Advil relieves your pain.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Ok, I will. As I told you before, the pain not severe at all it is just I'm worried

Take OTC Advil for 2 days.

You'll be OK.

Waiting for your reply.

Good wishes for your health.

Thank You doctor, what if needed to communicate with you again ? Do I have to pay ?

No,you can continue this conversation even after providing a positive rating.

Ok, one more question
Is it common what I'm having ?

Yes,it's common and treatable.

It doesn't sound anything serious.

You'll fine.

If your symptoms'll not show any improvement in a week then see your doctor for a clinical exam.

Good wishes for your health.

Thanks.
Take care.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Thank you so much !

Thank You.