Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is it OK to use a preparation H suppositories for a bleeding…

Customer Question
Is it OK to...

Is it OK to use a preparation H suppositories for a bleeding hemorrhoid?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?

Just feeling OK. I had a colonoscopy and he saw internal hemorrhoids but last night I noticed fresh blood after going to the bathroom and it has still continued although a little bit later today but have not had a bowel movement. Call anoscopy was at the beginning of May and they found microscopic colitis.

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

Up and down because of the colitis but for the most part OK

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Not really other then I do a lot of standing and heavy lifting every day. I'm 5'10" 130. Chef

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
Do I get an answer here or does it come through email?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/4/2017
Health Professional: Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Eric Goldstein
Eric Goldstein, Doctor (MD)
Hello. My name is***** and I just read through your question.
It is perfectly safe to use the preparation H suppositories for this. It will help relieve your discomfort.
Thanks, ***** ***** there is blood?
Been trying to get hold of my G.I. doctor but he is on vacation and because I have a PPO I do not see a GP & I don't feel like it or the event emergency room visit.
even in the presence of blood you can use it.
And I agree with you. This is not worth an ER visit.
Please do not forget tobelave a rating.
Thank you.