Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a quick question. I have some itching on the outside…

Customer Question
Hello! I have a...

Hello! I have a quick question. I have some itching on the outside top of my vagina (on the lips). There is no redness, discharge, or sores of any kind. I have had unprotected sex with a partner that I have been intimate with for a year. Is this an STD? I've had the symptoms for about 3 days

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?

3 days

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have not done anything different. Other than try to keep it dry as much as possible

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
8/4/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

Let me at the outset tell you that these symptoms of itching outside top of vagina are not due to STD.

This can be due to;

1) Sex due to inadequate lubrication.

2) Rough sex.

3) Mild yeast infection.

This should be self limiting.

If the itching persists for next couple of days; you may consider applying over the counter yeast cream.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.