Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My throat hurts really badly when I take a deep breath (on…

Customer Question
My throat hurts really...

My throat hurts really badly when I take a deep breath (on the right side) I had sinuese about 3 weeks ago and still have blocked nose ,

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the pain? Does the pain affect your breathing?

From yesterday, I can't take deep breaths and when I'm lying on the right side it hurt more

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I think I got some anxiety problems

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Health
8/3/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Welcome to Just Answer.
Answers here are for education and information.
I will respond shortly with an answer, or further information request.

What is your age?

Are you a smoker?

Do you have shortness of breath?

No I'm not a smoker , I'm 17 years old, I must also add that the right side of the throat feels bigger

Have you been to a doctor?

Were any investigations done?

Do you have shortness of breath?

I think I might have anxiety neurosis
Also it feels like it's swollen inside , I have to say I've Been eating a Lot of ice creams lately and he pain is on the right side of the throat like in middle

None of your symptoms are suggestive of anything serious.

You may need a course of antibiotic.

You may have;

1) Post nasal drip

2) Laryngitis

Anxiety may be concomitant.

The treatment is;

1) nasal saline spray; do not need prescription for it.

2) nasal corticosteroids / nasal cromolyn / nasal antihistamines may also be needed,

3) oral leukotriene inhibitors and

4) oral antihistamines.

Anxiety can be treated by the following measures by yourself;

1) Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and operant-behavioral therapy (OBT); done by a psychologist.

2) Relaxation training and biofeedback.

3) Hypnosis

4) Acupuncture and acupressure

5) Yoga

6) Meditation

7) Group sporting activities

8) St. John's wort

9) Melatonin
10) Valerian root.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

the pain in my Throat will go away?

Surely it would go away.

Nothing serious or significant here.

It is privilege assisting you.

Because I've this feeling like I can breath but it hurts and it swollen , can it be an effect from sinues?
I've had a "runny nose" but it goes down my throat

Post nasal drip is runny nose. It is usually secondary to sinusitis.

Do you know when sinues will go away I had that thing for three weeks ( been on antibiotics and now spray) but they are still there like this nasal thing is stuck in there , are there any home things to help it get better and is there any risk it might be back in future

It is rare for it to recur.

Following is the treatment protocol for sinusitis;

1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.

2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.

3) Topical decongestant for short duration.

4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.

5) Steam vaporizer

6) Eucalyptus oil may help

7) Nasal saline irrigation

8) Vitamin C

9) Antibiotics

For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;

1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.

2) Ginkgo Biloba

3) Zinc 30 mg.

You may also be looked for GERD, which has increasingly been implicated in causing or exacerbating chronic sinusitis.

Consulting an ENT (ear, nose throat) specialist would be prudent.

It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.

Just Answer is based on honor system. Experts are paid for time and expertise only when a positive rating is received.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

Best wishes,

It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/