Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

My son, now 17, was pulled out by forceps and a vacuum. It

Customer Question

My son, now 17, was pulled out by forceps and a vacuum. It was pretty traumatic with the nurse saying the dr was crazy and storming out because he was in a hurry to go to a surgery. My son has a deep dent on the top of his head about the length and depth of a finger. He has not had any struggles with education at all, but we have had constant mental health issues, law breaking, and other disruptive emotional problems since he was very young. Could this dent be causing pressure on a part of the brain relating to judgement? It seems like his decision making is more than just a lack of the pre-frontal lobe development
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry about your son.

his dent in his forehead and his use of forceps and vacuum during birth most likely would not have caused mental illness in him

for most patients, we don't know what causes mental illness

most likely it is caused somehow genetically, but we don't know what genes for now.

is your son being seen by a psychiatrist regularly?