Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have a lump on the right side of my brestbone, is does

Customer Question

I have a lump on the right side of my brestbone, is does seem to be connected to bone or something, it does seem to be more round or something, or that could just be me over thinking it. It mostly goes away if I feel for it when laying down. Could it just be apart of the sternum?
JA: How long have you had the lump? Is it hard or soft?
Customer: I just noticed it today. It's hard but I do seem to beabme
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i do seem to be able to push into it a little bit
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 2 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and i will help with your query.This probably appears to be a swelling of the Costochondral joint(the joint between the sternum and the ribs).This will subside in the lying down posture.If there is localised pain/tenderness,use of ibubrufen or Aleve will probably help reduce the pain.Other possibility would be a soft tissue injury at the joint.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it is close to the breast and is located towards the bottom part of my breast. Does that still sound like it? I dont know where the sternum ends. I am also 16 weeks pregnant. And what would it be from? I also have a 1 year old daughter

Yes,it would probably be the same even at that spot.A minor injury to that part of the chest,like the bumping of the head of your daughter may cause it. You can discuss this with your PCP/Gynaecologist as this is probably nothing serious.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can continuing to touch and press on the chestbone make is kinda swollen?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Breastbone not chestbone

Only touching the breastbone will not cause such a swelling.