Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

This morning I developed a kind of rash at my waist about

Customer Question

This morning I developed a kind of rash at my waist about where my underwear rides. Very itchy. Since then it seems to have spread to my wrists and palms. Maleluca (sp? Tea tree oil) seems to calm the itch a little as well as Benadryl cream, but only temporarily. First guess was chiggers, but not as small, red or pronounced as the pics I see online. Reminds me more of a series of mosquito bites concentrated in strange areas. Larger pinkish welts. I do heating and air conditioning in residential areas, so I can sometimes find myself in strange places, but nothing unusual or extreme recently. Did get stung by a wasp on the back of my left hand about a week ago and had an unusually pronounced reaction. (First time for swelling that lasted more than a few hours, but subsided within 4 days with minimal discomfort) don't think it's related, unless I'm allergic to Benadryl? First time I've used the topical cream. Only known allergy is penicillin.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Please upload a photo.

Associated pain?

Have you used any new chemical,health care product?

Excessive sweating?
Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No new products. Itching only discomfort

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description and photos,it sounds Urticaria.

And you should apply OTC Hydrocort cream on affected site.

Also take OTC Zyrtec.

Also apply cool compresses on affected sites.

You should see your doctor if your symptoms are getting worse and spreading.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you a ducking bot? I told you it's hives, you come back with a fancy word for hives. ?! I say I've tried Benadryl you say try the fancy name for Benadryl? Then you direct for a high review? I get this is a source of income for you, but really? Could have just said keep doing what you're doing, you're on the right track, see a real doc if it persists. Would have eased my mind better that way. You didn't say any more than google and got my credit card in the process. Not satisfied at all.