Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Arun Phophalia, I have several dark medium size moles (back)

Hi Dr. Arun Phophalia, I have...
Hi Dr. Arun Phophalia,
I have several dark medium size moles (back) and a medium size tag( elbow) that I've had for years that I wish to remove. I'm a 50s male. None are red nor growing much and are basically round.As a teenager I had several warts on my hands and a plantars wart on sole of my foot. I removed them with salicylic acid (17% I assume).Yesterday I started with applying Salicylic Acid 17% to each of them twice daily, as well a treatment of freezing ($12 kit R134a from drug store). I plan to continue daily application of Salicylic acid until they are gone.
Any recommendations as to my plan? And on my face I have minor mole, growths/bumps (and basic aging duller skin) what would you recommend there ?
7/27/2017
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Hello Peter,

For face you may use 0.5% hydrocortisone cream for 2 weeks twice a day. But no other treatment for the face is recommended as the skin on face is far delicate than the limbs. Face should always be treated by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Laser application done by the specialists will take care of blemishes.

A tag on the elbow may get resolved with Salicylic acid and freezing.

Mole may or may not respond to it and also is not advised to use home therapy for it.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)