Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

My baby is 11 days old he has yellow gunk building up in one

Customer Question

Hi my baby is 11 days old he has yellow gunk building up in one eye to the point where he can't open the eye and we clean it multiple times a day but still comes back. They eye itself is white with no red or pink and he has no fever should we take him to doctors?
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: Symptoms for about 2 days and we clean the eye with warm wash cloth and it will be fine for a few hours then start building back up while he sleeps
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing I can think of no
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Even if there's no redness to the white of his eye this is obviously a bacterial conjunctivitis that he has

So yes--he needs to be seen by a doctor for an evaluation and for prescription antibiotic eye drops

Please let me know if you need any more information