How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2897
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently gave birth and had hemmoroid. Now all that is

Customer Question

I recently gave birth and had hemmoroid. Now all that is left is a skin tag. What kind of doctor should I see to get it removed? Is there an alternative besides surgery? What Is the recovery time so everything is completely healed?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the skin issue? Have you noticed any major changes in your overall skin or nails recently?
Customer: No major changes. I have had this tag for the last 6 weeks.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No other issues besides the hemorrhoid
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Associated pain,bleeding,itching during bowel movement?

Is it hard or soft lump?


Are you taking any medicines?

Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It just feels like loose skin or soft lump. No other issues of pain. I'm not taking medications and no constipation.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description, you should do warm water sitz bath with antiseptic solution for 10-15 minutes twice a day.

And apply OTC Prep H cream on affected site.

You should take citrucel and fiber.

Also use wet toilet paper.Avoid alcohol-based or perfumed wipes.

Avoid straining.

You can also try OTC witch hazel, or hydrocortisone and lidocaine pads,cream,suppositories.

You should consult a proctologist or colo-rectal specialist for a clinical exam.

If your symptoms'll not show any improvement with such self care remedies then surgery can be done.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.