Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

While having sex the semen is not getting released, So I…

Yes while having sex...

Yes while having sex the semen is not getting released

Doctor's Assistant: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?

So I have to take it outside and by the time the penis is getting small

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have taken regular checkup this year

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi JA
7/12/2017
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually failure to ejaculate can be due to a number of conditions. The first thing which comes to mind is that you could be suffering from retrograde ejaculation which is a condition in which there is release of the semen in the ooposite direction and it goes back up into the bladder. This can occur in many patients due to problems with the prostate, the urethra among others. This would be diagnosed witha clinical examination, ultrasound of the region and other tests. The treatment can be with medications such as the following,

• Imipramine (Tofranil)
  • Midodrine
  • Chlorpheniramine (Chlor-Trimeton, others) and brompheniramine (Veltane, others)
  • Ephedrine (Akovaz, others), pseudoephedrine (Sudafed, others) and phenylephrine (Vazculep, others)

This is one of the commonest causes of this problem in males of any age group. There are other causes as well which can include psychological issues however retrograde ejaculation should be ruled out as a cause first of all. I would recommend that you have this evaluated by visiting a urologist who will be able to run the requisite tests to reach a final diagnosis.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)