Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have been taking 0.5 mg of Xanax to help with my panic

disorder for about a year...
I have been taking 0.5 mg of Xanax to help with my panic disorder for about a year now I have an ear infection and my doctor told me to take Sudafed PE is it OK to take both
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am not allergic to any medication are usually take ibuprofen for neck pain and 0.5 Xanax twice a day for panic attacks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am also currently taking amox clav 875-125mg twice a day for my ear infection so my question is can I take Xanax ibuprofen Sudafed PE And the augmentin
7/3/2017
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello I'm Dr Chip

There are no adverse reactions between Xanax and Sudafed and Augmentin so it's safe for you to take all three of them together

Please let me know if you need any more information

What about the ibuprofen as well Augmentin and ibuprofen are both medications that can mess up your stomach I have been told so if I take both of them plus my Xanax and my Sudafed PE I'm going to be OK?

No problem with the ibuprofen if you feel you need it but I think Tylenol would be a better option in this case

How about diclofenac substitute for ibuprofen with all of my other medication I was prescribed that for neck pain with that be OK to take with everything else

That would be fine

Thank you

My pleasure

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you

Just to be 100% clear these three are OK to take together with Sudafed PE
I will definitely give you a five star rating

Yes--no problem at all with taking all of those together with the Sudafed PE

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)