Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My legs feel like sometimes things are crawling around in my

Customer Question

My legs feel like sometimes things are crawling around in my legs. I feel like cool water run in my veins. My hands go numb. My leg feels like it's trying to go numb. The other morning I got a Charlie horse in my leg. Had to jump out of bed and walk it out.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: No swelling, just this numbness in hands off and on. Crawling in leg
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: don't have any other major issues. high blood pressure on 5mg of Amolodapine. low dose of colestrol
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Numbness of hands i likely due to the nerve compression at the wrist level. This is also known as carpal tunnel syndrome.

You should try wrist brace daily overnight to rest the nerve adequately.

Symptoms should improve slowly.

Crawling sensation in legs is likely due to the nerve problem as well.

Abnormal sensation is due to the inflammation of the sensory nerves supplying your legs.

Underlying medical causes like diabetes, vitamin B12 deficiency, thyroid disorder should be checked.

Nerve boosting supplements like vitamin B12 1000 mcg daily, vitamin B6 50 mg daily, Alpha lipoic acid 600 mg daily should help with such symptoms.

Best wishes