Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I sometimes feel like my back,where the left kidney

Customer Question

Hi. I sometimes feel like my back,where the left kidney is,sometimes involuntarily rumbling.like for few seconds and it stopped. what cld be it?
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: no fever. Last time I went for CT scan in Mar(for a pre-adnission day surgery-right ureter DJ stent). All is good. plus i recently had my urine checked for UTI. Abit of raised white blood cells but coz I dun have symptoms(no pain or fever,etc),so doc didn't prescribed any antibiotics.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: maybe not directly related to the rumbling of my left kidney(back). I was treated for ovarian cancer 5 years ago. Overall good health since then
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Do you feel flicker of contractions on the kidney region?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No. An involuntary rumbling that last for few sec while at rest. Other symptoms,if i beat my back(just like how docs use to 'beat' to physically check of signs of pain on back kidney area), i feel abit of pressure there.Not sure whether it is related.

The rumbling and mild tenderness are not indicative of anything specific disease or diagnosis. A mild UTI may be the cause of it and your doctor may get a urine culture for the confirmation.

You may meanwhile drink plenty of liquids and try to maintain proper hydration. Low oxalate diet may help you. This is the link for low oxalate diet;

http://www.upmc.com/patients-visitors/education/nutrition/Pages/low-oxalate-diet.aspx

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.