Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have experienced on a few occasions a very heavy weight on

I have experienced on a few occasions a very heavy weight on and throughout my body along with some numbness. Almost as if someone is pushing me down through my body stating at my shoulders. Almost like quicksand. I have been able to shake it of as it only lasts for less than a minute. However it is scary. It usually occurs while I am sitting. What could this all mean to my health?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: None of the above. I am an extremely healthy 66 year old female. This just happens out of the blue. I take multiple vitamins and exercise a little. Very active. Although I do experience some numbness in my left arm, but perhaps its from sitting at my computer to long?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I do have pain in my chest from time to time, sometimes it has proven to be gas. I just had a glass of orange juice prior to this last heavy weighted feeling. Before when I had it I was sitting on the toilet
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have been told with 2 different exams that I have heart arthmyia.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Approximately how far you can run or homey flight of stairs you can climb up without any symptoms?
Underlying heart problem can explain such heavy sensation. Did you have any heart stress test done?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't had a stress test in a long time but I am in great physical health. I can go up stairs and not get too breathless, I walk up flights of stairs in the parking lots and not problem. at least 5 to 6 flights. I really beleive I do have a heart issue.

Thanks for your reply. Although you have good physical tolerance, it is better to get a stress test ( exercise or nuclear) to rule out any heart artery blockage. That is the only plausible explanation for such heavy sensation.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/