Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Self employed 40 years experience Ob-Gyn
88055251

I was told 3 years ago there was a thickening in the ileum

Customer Question

I was told 3 years ago there was a thickening in the ileum but was having severe upper right Abd. Pain, severe bone Pain, nausea & vomiting & was very jaundice. I was admitted to a local hospital & quickly transferred out to a hospital with more resources. My LFT's were through the roof then had liver biopsy then told I was in stage 3-4 liver failure with cirrosis & put on hosice care. That was 3 years ago & my lft's have come down but the severe pain is still there. I had lost so much weight, about 100lbs then over night it seemed I gained up to 314 lbs & im not on any special diet but I hurt if I eat & eating protein makes that worse & have started to lose some weight. In about 2 months I have lost over 25 lbs but haven't had another weight test for 2 months since but I know I've lost more & I'm not on a diet but my dr says no big deal u needed to lose weight, I'm losing it eating ice cream & that seems odd. I also had a CXR that showed a large area of "ground glass" appearances in both lungs but more prevelant in the left lung. I have 0 stamina, after walking a few feet I am on the verge of collapse & I can't breath. I am on 4 liters oxygen via nasal cannula. I feel the life & energy draining out of me but NO ONE can give me an answer. I don't drink but I do smoke. I was on hospice care but since I didn't die in their time line I was taken off hospice. I know there is so much I have forgotten to tell you but this is a start. Can u give me ideas of what & where to go next? Please I am at the end of my rope.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Of sorts, sometimes I'm just so weak & fatigued I can't. My feet & legs have been going numb in a strange way. I can't feel them like they are asleep but I can kind of feel them, sometimes my feet are REAL hypersensitive, now I am losing dexterity in my hands. My vision is like looking through a blurry fogged up window or like looking through real watered down milk.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I ha decompression surgery for Arnold Chiari, gall bladder removed, hysterectomy, 12mm ASD repair, a car wreck 30 years ago that resulted in a bruised pancreas & pancreatitis & a severe liver laceration I almost bled to death from before they opened me up.
Category: Health
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am weak & if I try to go more than 50 feet without a chair to catch me or my walker i start feeling the fatigue & I start bending over without trying to until I end up on my face in the floor & I don't have the physical strength to be able to get up without a lot help.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My heart will start "trembling or vibrating in my chest & feels like I am skipping every other beat but it comes & goes,it almost feels like I am being punched in my chest. My last echo was earlier this year but I didn't have that happen during the 24 hour holter monitor test. I never know when it is going to start or how long it will last.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been "losing my words" during conversations I will completely lose the words I'm trying to say. It is very unsettling & upsetting when u can see it in your mind but can't find the word to say what you are trying to say.
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 5 months ago.
Hi, thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I'm Dr Manos M.D. and I can respond shortly.
You have a damaged scarred liver that doesn't function enough to rid the toxins and metabolism products that build up in your body. All of your symptoms are explained by your degree of liver failure. I imagine you have been told these facts about liver failure but can't remember. I don't know your age and whether you would be a candidate for liver transplant. I hope my information helps your concerns you shared.