Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My daughter has a torn peroneus brevis and is due to be on a

Customer Question
5 hour flight. Is it...
My daughter has a torn peroneus brevis and is due to be on a 5 hour flight. Is it safe for her to fly?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Health
5/16/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 8 months ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Flight would be safe for her. She has to move her affected limb passively multiple times every hour.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.Thanks for using Just Answer.
She is in a boot for over s month and just started physical therapy. She really doesn't have any mobility without severe pain

Are passive movements (done by other person) also painful?

Any family history of blood clots?

No & not to my knowledge

So if somebody can do passive movements for her during the flight every hour (15-20 times); this would be safe.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)