How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35035
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 93 years old I have thrush diagnosed by my doctor the

Customer Question

I am 93 years old I have thrush diagnosed by my doctor the condirtion was cleared BUT it has come back I am not at my home what can I use to stop the irritation please
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: rash appetite ok no fever itching very uncomfortable
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: I said there is no fever respiratory ok
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: mild diabetic
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

What is the location of thrush?

How was it treated last time?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the location of the thrush in=s in the vaginal area and outside the vagina prescribed last time by my doctor was antibiotics and steroid cream
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in a few minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

You may use Miconazole nitrate 2% over the counter vaginal cream.

This would resolve the symptoms including itching.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 months ago.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.