Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

About 12 hours ago I had a sudden case of dizziness and

Customer Question

About 12 hours ago I had a sudden case of dizziness and double vision. It lasted about a minute and went away quickly when I laid down. I'm just checking what it could have been.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Non other symptoms and I felt fine the rest of the day. Went for an 8 mile bike ride a couple of hours ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Bad car accident in 2013 with dissected corotted and post concussion issues. I know a lot about headaches.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: No nausea and no real headache issues in the last few months.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

This can be benign positional vertigo--deposition of the calcium particles known as canaliths which move in the wrong direction in the ear with head motion.
Other possibilities like stroke , heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, thyroid disorder should be ruled out.
Another common cause of dizziness is vestibular neuritis or labyrinthitis--this means inflammation of the inner ear nerve and the compartment.
Given that your symptoms went away, this is likely not serious.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/