Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I am a 60 year old male in good health. 5 months ago, my 5

Customer Question

I am a 60 year old male in good health. 5 months ago, my 5 year old grandson talked me into sledding down a hill with him. I hit a bump, flew off the sled and landed on the back of my head/right shoulder. I thought I was lucky that I wasn't injured. Since that time, I have had a creeping numbness in my right arm from my shoulder to my elbow. I don't have numbness in my finders but there is a definite weakness in my right arm. I have a little trouble raising my right arm over my shoulders.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?
Customer: It happened around Christmas time but it's been getting worse. My head doesn't hurt. I think I might have pinched or damaged a nerve.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, I'm in good health otherwise, plenty of exercise, sleep and eat right.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 months ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Your symptoms suggest like brachial plexus injury. Axillary nerve must have been injured from the accident. This can cause weakness of the shoulder as well as numbness. You should a neurologist for further evaluation.

Physical therapy should be started as soon as possible to restore the normal shoulder function.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/