Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)
Experience:  MBBS, MD, ECFMG certified. 11 year experience in dealing with cases related to all fields of medicine
22950887

I took a plan be almost two months ago, my period came a

Customer Question

I took a plan be almost two months ago, my period came a week early. I had another period since then and it also came early. And now again it has come early.(periods are about 3 weeks apart) And also before the Plan b my period was dark red and every heavy. Now it's bright red and a little lighter than before but still last 3 to 4 days. And also the area between the vagina and anus is swollen for about a week or two. Can't see it but can feel it's swollen (or vein is swollen)..... Should I be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Actually plan B can cause alteration in your cycles and may also lead to alteration in the pattern of your bleeding. Usually this effect can last anywhere between 2-6 weeks after using teh plan B, most patients return back to norml after 2 weeks or so. In your case the change in cycles is persisting and the pattern of bleeding has changed as well so i dont think this is the plan B which uis causing the problem but rather a hormonal imbalance which can lead to this issue. A hormonal imbalance can occur due to a number of things which can include simple issues like stress, anxiety or even bacterial or viral infections. This can be diagnosed on the basis of a simple hormonal test after which you can be started on medications which will correct the balance within a couple of months at the most.

Now the swelling between the vagina and the anus, that is something which SHOULD be examined as swelling in this region usually indicates an infection. The most common infection in this area can be a fungal one, candidiasis can occur in this area and even a bacterial infection. That would be easily diagnosed by a simple examination and then treated with oral antibiotics or anti fungals for a short period of time. Usually this is NOT anything that is worrisome as it can occur in many women however it can be treated easily.

I would suggest that you DO have this evaluated by visiting your doctor as this is something which CAN be treated easily and very simply and it is NOT anything i would be worried about however.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.