Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy yesterday, all night and

Customer Question

I had an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy yesterday, all night and today I have fluctuated in feeling extremely hot then switches over to freezing, along with a headache that will not go away..
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: My temp under tongue is 97.3 and under armpit is 96.8.... shoukd I be concerned?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: Extremely hot, then chills, headache..... procedure done yesterday including biopsies
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not really other than been having gastrointestinal issues for awhile now
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

The temperature is not concerning. This temperature and your symptoms of fluctuating feeling of extremely hot and freezing is likely due to following collectively;

1) Sedation medicines.

2) Procedure itself; this stimulates the autonomic nervous system.

3) Mild infection or inflammation which may be due to biopsies. Usually self limiting.

You may take your blood pressure and pulse, if you can. If those are normal, you may not worry. Complete rest and drinking plenty of water and other liquids like coconut water may help.

If the symptoms persists are non relenting and if you have nausea, vomiting or fever; contacting your doctor's office is advised.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My BP is 145/98 and pulse is 71
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Still there?

Sorry for the delay. I was on another question.

Your these parameters are not concerning. BP is slightly high but is expected. You may monitor it in 3 hours.

Nothing concerning though.

It is privilege assisting you.

I apologize for the delay.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.