Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My left calf and upper leg is swollen and tender, no Color

Customer Question

My left calf and upper leg is swollen and tender, no Color changes or injury. I have struggled with left leg swelling for a long time with no answers . I have had Dopplers, over a year ago . As when doctors on my leg in the past he immediately rule our blood clots. I have had my flex willing for sometime although recently this has increased in case another week to my upper thigh . Intrestling my left foot is no longer swelling as it had in the past . Although I have a vague pain at the bottom of my foot .
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you have this swelling in the legs.

at your age, it would be unlikely to have a blood clot in your leg

none of us are 100% symmetric in our bodies.

regular exercise and stretching and yoga can help improve circulation in your legs.

stretching of your foot and yoga can help prevent inflammation and pain in your foot as well

what is your height and weight?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am 5ft 6.5inches 120lbs
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is only my left leg.

can you upload a clear photo of your legs so I can see the swelling or asymmetry?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My vague pain is on the bottom of foot, left calf pain is worse, left calf is almost 2 inches larger in circumference then right leg , pain in calf and left thigh, also when standing have some knee pain.... all left side. I have a history of nutcracker syndrome ( got renal stent), last July.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure will try to take my self ... home alone

nutcracker syndrome would not cause one leg to be 2inches larger than the other.