Nicholas Merwood
Nicholas Merwood,
Experience:  Pharmacist at Next Step - Drug & Alcohol Office
90023240

I take a daily dose of 73 mg of methadone and have been for

Customer Question

I take a daily dose of 73 mg of methadone and have been for about 2 years I guess I have been lucky so far but I am just miserable with allergies,I spent saturday outside and as a result i am sneezing and my skin is very itch and kept me awake all night, I have some otc loratdine 10 mg and was needing to know if it is ok to take a small dose. thank you very much.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take just the methadone and have no drug alergies
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not at all
Category: Health
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am so sorry I have not got any kind of a answer yet I really should have not done this I don't have the money to spend on this is there anyway I can stop this and get my money back I did'nt undertand what this was
Expert:  Nicholas Merwood replied 4 months ago.

Hi there - unless you have had issues with QT prolongation (a heart rhythm issue) it would be safe to take the occasional dose of loratadine whilst you are being treated with methadone. I hope this answers your question and that you do get some relief from your allergies soon. If you are happy with my answer please give me a rating. Thanks.