Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Ive been having weird abdominal issues, a month ago my

Customer Question
stomach started to "hurt" but...
Ive been having weird abdominal issues, a month ago my stomach started to "hurt" but not an acute pain anywhere just my abdomen was discomforted and it was distracting ans I was bloated. I went to urgent care and they did a blood test, urine test and an xray and found no blockages or anything out of the ordinary.
I was still in pain the next day and I couldnt sleep and my lower back, by my kidneys on both sides started to hurt. New doctor had me take new blood tests for hepetitis and scheduled an ultra sound. He also told me to take some anti gas pills which seems to clear up the bloating.
No hepetitis and the ultra sound was good, but they saw gal stones but were not worried.
The next day I was talking to my father in law, who is a hypochondriac to say the least, but he researches stuff like crazy and I mentioned to him in december I was really sick and took anti biotics and that a month prior (early january) I went into the doctor as I had ring worm on my arm and left inner thigh and bad atheletes foot.
He immediately said I had a candidia problem and told me to take some anti candida enzymes cellulase/protease (product called candidase from whole foods), and these made me feel better, two weeks now, and I can go days and feel fine now. Also my ring worm cleared up where lotrime wasnt helping and my wife says my skin overall seems healthier, and I agree, as I was getting ashy dry skin before.
However my kidneys still hurt even though my abdomen is fine now and today when I urinated i noticed, for the second time, a clear gel substance after i peed. Basically when I finished urinating about a second later I could feel like I had to go again and it was gel.
Anyways that is my story....
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
3/22/2017
Health Professional: Dr Stan, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 32 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having abdominal pain and urinary problems.

The "clear gel" is prostate fluid and is not too unusual. It is a sign of infrequent ejaculation or an enlarged prostate due to stone, inflammation or enlargement. You don't state your age, but if you are in your 40's, BPH could be the reason. Regarding your bloating and abdominal pain. The prostate is probably a separate issue. Your bloat is usually caused by too much gas in the bowel and not enough good enzymes/bacteria to break down the gas. A Probiotic taken daily can increase the "good" bacteria and solve that problem.

Let me know a little more, please...

Any additional thoughts, questions?

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am 35, last night i could hardly sleep my lower back was radiating pain where my kidneys are and my abdomen hurt.It doesnt hurt to pee, and I am very regular and my stool has been normal and I am not nauseous.The pain is very low level, but it is very distracting and its hard for me to focus on things...My wife wants me to go back in to urgent care and get a stool test specifically to see if it is candida, or soemthing else and maybe make them do a full CT scan which they have not done. To date it has just been 3 blood tests, urine test, xray and ultra sound.

I'm sorry you are still in pain. Since you have had recent urinalysis, abdominal x-ray and blood tests for liver/infection, this pain is most likely skeletal. My I suggest a MRI of your lower spine which will be a better study than the CT scan. Your kidneys, bladder, liver are not the problem.

How are you feeling? Were you able to have the MRI?