Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Can u take sudafed if you have a concussion? Yes Tylenol and

Customer Question
Can u take sudafed if...
Can u take sudafed if you have a concussion?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes Tylenol and ibuprofen.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Nothing daily. It is my son he is 12.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No he has 2 concussions in a year, my Dr is aware. His nose stopped up tonight and he asked for sudafed. This is his 2nd concussion in a year. Pretty healthy otherwise.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
If he can not take sudafed, what can I do for his stopped up nose?
1/19/2017
Health Professional: Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD) replied 10 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)

Hello and welcome I'm Dr Chip

No problem with the sudafed in this case--the concussions would not be a contraindication for taking it for the stuffy nose

If I were his doctor I'd tell you I had no problem with his taking it

Please let me know if you need any more information

He has had a headache, with light sensitivity for 5 days. We went to his doctor on Monday. At what point do I need to take him back in? We are treating him with Tylenol and ibuprofen plus resting. I am not seeing any improvement.

The sudafed may actually improve his headache which sounds like a severe migraine

But at this point, he needs to see his doctor again for an evaluation

Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)