How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5317
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I woke up feeling dizzy and clammy, i've never felt this way

Customer Question

i woke up feeling dizzy and clammy, i've never felt this way before, what do you think?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no medications. I'm 56. i have not seen a doctor. I just woke up now feeling like this. a little nausouos also
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no medications, no aler
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i dont' think so
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 7 months ago.


Myself Dr Josh- and I’m happy to help with your question today.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

It can due to any of these possibilities-

-Low blood sugar level
-Change in blood pressure level
-Thyroid disorder
-Inner ear issue (the inner ear is responsible for balance ) like Ménière disease.
- Neurological conditions

To make a diagnose, you need to undergo few tests -
-Blood sugar test,
-Blood pressure monitoring,
-Thyroid function test,
-Complete blood count.
-Ear examination- ear should be checked for inner ear problem.
Sometimes dizziness can be due to problem related with heart rhythm or brain problem but usually less often.
A thorough clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.

I would recommend you to firstly consult internal medicine doctor, then probably ear nose and throat doctor for diagnosis. If required they may refer you to Neurologist for clinical evaluation.
For the time, you can take Tab. Dimenhydrinate(Dramamine).It is OTC drug. As such you should be seen by your doctor, for checkup and further treatment.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards


Related Health Questions