Carole
Carole, Nurse
Experience:  20+ years professional experience in emergency nursing, skilled, HIV Certified educator
7466212

I have been experiencing numbness in my ankle today and now

Customer Question

I have been experiencing numbness in my ankle today and now the bottom of my foot it numb. Pain is also moving up my leg into the calf. What could this be? Blood clot?
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: Not that I can see
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a DVT after surgery 5 years ago in my left leg. That resulted in 4 pes in my lungs. But this is a different leg.
Category: Health
Expert:  Carole replied 7 months ago.

Good evening, Can you please tell me your age?

Are you currently on any medication's?

Thank You, ***** *****

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 37 and taking Isosorbide mn er. 30 mg daily.
Expert:  Carole replied 7 months ago.

Sometimes numbness and/or tingling can come from poor circulation, or a pinched nerve but because you have mentioned pain and a previous condition of a deep vein thrombosis. I would have to suggest you have this area looked at by your primary care provider asap. If you feel like your foot/ankle are a cooler temperature than the rest of the upper leg, this can be a sign of thrombosis and/or or clot(s). I would avoid rubbing the legs, or massaging the area(s) below the knee, for preventative measure's if a thrombosis is present, this can cause it to dislodge and can displace. You may also consider getting this checked at the ER if the pain is persistent, and symptoms continue. They could perform a simple test/study to determine the cause.

Please take a moment to kindly rate my service so that I may be credited for my work. There is no additional cost to do so.
Thank you,

Carole NP