Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I'm in the pill recently have heavy midcycle cycle

Customer Question
Hi I'm in the pill...
Hi I'm in the pill recently have heavy midcycle cycle bleeding..I had fibroids cheked 4mlths ago at gynae which were fine ..I have lost 5kg too..what could be the cause of this..it's heavy at night..thanks
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Thanks so much for your help...yes went to GP yesterday...I asked her for a tablet to stop bleeding in case does not stop
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've been on a new medication epitec for the last 3months
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Epitec..100mg and a yaz ..I'm 41 years old have had 2 natural birthday my kids are 4 and 8 years
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
1/7/2017
Health Professional: Onlinedoc, General Physician replied 1 year ago
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

Is it first time mid cycle bleeding?

Associated fatigue,fever?

Mood swings?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No other symptoms..mood swings or anything..not really any pain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sometimes have mid cycle spotting but not bleeding like this

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
Thanks for the follow-up.
I understand your concern.
As per your description,possible differential diagnosis may include

Ovulation bleeding mild bleeding or spotting that occurs at around the time of ovulation and occurs approximately 14 to 16 days after the last menses.Ovulation bleeding usually lasts for only 2-3 hours and occasionally it may last for 1 to 2 days but Heavy bleeding is rare.

However as your bleeding is heavy so an evaluation of the uterine lining may be indicated. This can include an ultrasound (US) and a biopsy.

Menstrual cycle is affected by many changes in our life. Things like travel, stress, exercise, diet and even change in weight can disrupt our normal menstrual cycle.

Fibroid and hormonal changes during perimenopause(phase which takes place before the final cessation of periods) can other contributing causes.

So if bleeding is persistent and heavy more than a week with fatigue then see your gynecologist again.

In the meantime you can try Over the counter monk´s pepper (Vitex agnus cactus), it has a cycle regulating effect and can help to prevent irregular bleeding.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi I'm still bleeding not heavy and doc said it's the side effect of the epitec..I'm on a course of meds to stop the bleeding have one more day of these meds but still no changes..I'm still taking Yaz have not stopped it as doctor instructions ..I'll give it another 2 weeks until I see my psychiatrist regarding the epitec?

Thank you for replying back.

As per your description,if your bleeding'll not stop then see your doctor again and ultrasound must be done in your case to check endometrial thickness and other uterine pathology.

Your doctor may further advise blood test like CBC,ESR,bleeding time,clotting time,coagulation studies to rule out anemia,thrombocytopenia-low blood platelet count. ,bleeding disorder.

I hope this answers your question. If you would like to discuss this further or have any additional questions, please reply to my answer and I will get right back to you.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Waiting for your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi
yes I went for an ultrasound 5 days ago and everything is completely normal!

It's good sign that your ultrasound was normal.

So you need to stop epitec gradually and if possible consult your psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Even you should go for blood testing also as mentioned earlier.

Please avoid poor/bad rating.
Waiting for your reply.

Good wishes for your health.

Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician