A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I came across an artcle by Dr. Kaminski about a breakthrough

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** came across an artcle by Dr. Mark Kaminski about a breakthrough drug called 131-1, but I can't seem to find anything more about it. My body can no longer tolerate chemo so I'm trying to find a way to get this drug.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: I have stage 4 est, prog.,HER2 positive breast cancer since Feb. 2014. They elected not to remove the breast because the tumors were in my bones and blood. I responded well to the 1st rd. of chemo but now my body can't tolerate anymore
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My Dr. has retired and my new Dr. wants to remove the breast but can't do it without shrinking the tumors which are growing very fast. My only option for this is radiation. I am deathly afraid of this which is why I'm looking for info about this 131-1 drug
Category: Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Because of the area that needs to be radiated I'm told that there is a possibility of lung cancer and heart disease. My body has already been weakened by 3 yrs. of uninterupted chemo and Herceptin. My last bloodwork showed my WBC at 2.9, platelet 86 glucose 130. My platelet counts go up and down but they never fall within normal range nor does my wbc
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

I am unable to find anything on a drug called 131-1. Any drug that has a number like that instead of a chemical name is ***** ***** very earliest stages of testing, usually in laboratory animals. I would suggest you get in contact with Dr. Kaminski himself for more information about this drug and if it has made it to clinical trial yet. Here is his contact information:

http://www.mcancer.org/physicians/mark-stefan-kaminski-md