A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Crazy question. I have very recently noticed that the

Customer Question

Crazy question. I have very recently noticed that the bottoms of both of my feet are very sore to walk on. I can't walk barefooted in my kitchen at all! The reason I'm asking is because I've just started taking two antibiotics for a diagnosis of colitis. Could this odd problem with my feet in any way be related to the medications or am I just crazy?!
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I have been taking Cipro and Metronidazole for this infection. It seems like I've had issues with Cipro before but I can't remember what.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No - I was given some pain meds in the hospital Saturday night - morphine and something for extreme nausea but I've tried to go without anything but the antibiotics since Monday.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

This may be a side effect of the metronidazole. You should call the doctor who prescribed this for your colitis and see about discontinuing it. Cipro can cause a number of side effects but pain would be unusual. Still he or she may want to change the entire regimen.