Maureen Whelihan
Maureen Whelihan,
Experience:  physician - owner at Center for Sexual Health and Education LLC
96220841

I need to get a prescription for norethindrone .35 mg. This

Customer Question

I need to get a prescription for norethindrone .35 mg. This is what I currently take but I'm out of refills.
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Norethindrone, Losartan, and Zoloft. My only allergie is to penicillin.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 9 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos M.D. You really haven't asked a question? I guess you are wanting a prescription for norethindrone but as a physician I can't prescribe for a customer I've never seen or examined. I'll opt out and maybe someone else can help you.
Expert:  Maureen Whelihan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr Whelihan - It appears that you are seeking a prescription? In the US, it is illegal for a doctor to prescribe to a patient they have not "seen". While the medication you are on is common and inexpensive, it does take a doctor visit to renew the prescription for a year. Other options include family planning clinics such as your County Health Department and Planned Parenthood who can see you for a discounted rate (and sometimes even free!) Have you asked your primary doc to do the refill? I suspect you see that doc more often.