Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My son has bloody stool and dizziness. What is causing it,

Customer Question
my son has bloody stool...
my son has bloody stool and dizziness. What is causing it, and should he see a doctor asap.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No he wont go see a doctor.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no he was always healthy
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Health
1/3/2017
Health Professional: TheGermDoctor, Doctor replied 10 months ago
TheGermDoctor

How old is your son?

Any other symptoms- abdominal pain, weight loss, diarrhea, fevers?

Could he have food poisoning- any tainted food that he may have eaten? Anyone else have similar symptoms?

he is 26. and had some abdominal pain, lite headed and dizziness and bloody stool
he has been having it for a while his wife said. we cant get him to see a doctor

If it has been going on for a while- then his dizziness is likely from anemia.

He really does need to see a doctor- it may be anything from a bleeding ulcer, which is easily treated, to a ruptured blood vessel, which can be cauterized , to a tumor

(Obviously a tumor is less likely at his age)

He really needs to go to an Emergency Department to be assessed. Or at least see a doctor to check his blood count.

But if he is dizzy- then my best medical advise is he should go to an ER.

Good luck and please rate the reply

Please let me know if you have further questions

Did that answer you question?

TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor