A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Please! I hav been taking the high blood pressure medicine,

Customer Question

please! I hav been taking the high blood pressure medicine, metoprolol 100 mg time release for apx 8 yrs & I hav misplaced or lost it! I hav not taken it for three days now & my drug store told me insurance will not cover since I filled it on the 15th I cannot locate it any where. Should I eat lots of celery, & take a diuretic ? I heard that too can lower blood pressure?
JA: When was last time you had a check up? Is there a history of high blood pressure in your family?
Customer: I had 1 apx 4 min ago & I see my family Dr on the 9th of this mon. Yes hi bld pres & heart attacks due run n my family.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 61yrs old, female & weigh 135. I am 5 5" tall & I hav been somewhat bedridden due 2 a bad ankle which they said I need 2 hav a replacement soon! I am trying 2 quit smoking! Down 2 three cigs a day at most!
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

You can talk with your pharmacist and arrange for short term metoprolol ER that you pay for out of pocket for the next 2 weeks. Metoprolol ER is a generic and at my pharmacy costs less than $30 so a two week supply should be only about $15.

Celery and diuretic won't do the job of managing your hypertension.

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I knew that b4 I asked u the ?! So I would pls like a refund to my Visa account ASAP! Thanking u 4 ur time & consideration in this matter, but I am not satisfied w/this sev call.Sincerely ***** ***** Wiegand
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No ! I would like a refund ASAP! I knew I could call the pharmacy!

Financial matters are handled by Customer Service. You can request a refund from them.

I'm not quite sure what your question was since you already knew you could get your medication from the pharmacy.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I call customer service? Then I will rate ur response !

The number is ***** the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you asked the question. It also explains that an expert isn't paid for an answer unless they receive a 3, 4, or 5 rating. They also aren't paid when a customer requests a refund.

I've looked up the number for you. It is(###) ###-####

I am really curious though about why you aren't satisfied with the only factual answer there is. What could I have said or done that would make you satisfied?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do I get in touch w/customer service?

Please read the answer. I've looked up the number for you. It is(###) ###-####

I've requested a refund for you.