Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

When I bend my neck forward I start to sweat. I straighten

Customer Question

When I bend my neck forward I start to sweat. I straighten up and it stops but I get a cold chill.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Over a year. I thought it was menopause. My doctor is sending me to vascular to evaluate for thoracic outlet syndrome. I get numbness in fingers and also tingling. Headache often at back of head. Also noticed my vision from far is very bad some days and other days it's fine.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 8 months ago.

Unlikely thoracic outlet syndrome.

Possibly a situation where you are compressing the carotid arteries which isn't dangerous but can cause reflex hypotension and then sweating.

The tingling in the fingers could be from the same situation or from compression of a peripheral nerve in the spine, not dangerous either but can cause such symptoms.