Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a complicated medical history of aspergillosis and

Customer Question

hi. I have a complicated medical history of aspergillosis and have been on augmenting 625 and fluconizole 150 daily. My daughter had a virus/stomach poisoning; I just got it and have been vomiting since 11 pm (it's 2:32). I also took two stilnoct 5 mg. Can I take a buscopin to ease the pain and get some sleep? thank you so much!
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: no; right now I'm taking 625 mg augmentin and 150 fluconizole and about 10 mg stilnoct. But I'm sure I vomited up the last augmentin. (about eight hours ago). I'm trying to keep hydrated and am very thirsty and have been drinking sips of water and gatorade. I have buscopin that was prescribed a week ago (along with the augmenting) when I had an inflamed small bowel from bacterial overgrowth. I've been on antibiotics for several years to control e-coli etc.. and infections. May I take a buscopin to get some sleep?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: just that I have been on constant antibiotics and antifungals for four years, due to chronic infection. I'm in line here in London for an ecoli vaccine. I think the urinary tract ecoli is under control right now but who knows after this vomiting. I'm not allergic to anything.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.
Please provide some additional information.

What is your age?

Are you able to keep liquids down?

How many episodes of vomiting?

Associated diarrhea?

Fever?

Dizziness?

Thanks.
Waiting for your reply.