How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9141
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am expierencing pain in my ear and the the area around my

Customer Question

I am expierencing pain in my ear and the the area around my ear is swollen I cannot hear out of it
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I think I broke the fever with tylenol
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have allergies and sinus problems not sure if ear infection or eustacian tube
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

What is your age and gender?

Do you have external ear swollen?

Clogged ear?

Ear discharge?

Are you taking any medications?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 46 and female
External ear is swollen and clogged
No discharge
I take synthroid and zyrtec d
Started Friday got painful Saturday night
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your symptoms are suggestive of ear infection.

And you should start OTC Motrin alternately with tylenol.

Also do warm compresses on affected area.

Start a multivitamin supplement.

Also try OTC ear drops POLYSPORIN + Pain Relief Ear Drops.

And see your doctor at ER ASAP or ENT specialist for further management.

Prescribed antibiotics and steroids can be given for treatment.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 7 months ago.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.