Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My wife definitely is impacted, no bowel movements in three…

My wife definitely is impacted...
My wife definitely is impacted, no bowel movements in three days and this has been going on for 2 or 3 weeks! She has been able to get some around it but not now! We have tried oil enemas, mineral oil orally ! She also has some pretty irritated hemoriods which is making things worse! Would drinking a bottle of calcium citrates do good or cause more pain
12/6/2016
Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician

Hello and thanks for your question.
It's my first priority to help you.

As per your description,as she has hemorrhoids so she can usually take up to 10 ounces (oz.) of calcium/magnesium citrate oral solution with 8 oz. of water.

Also add metamucil.

Warm water sitz bath with betadine solution can soothe hemorrhoid pain.

Also use prep H for pain and burning around anus.

She can take OTC Gas X if there is bloating.

If her constipation'll not show any improvement then see a proctologist or colo rectal specialist for a clinical exam.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.
Please leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Avoid poor/bad rating.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.

May I help you more?
Feel free for further queries.
I wish to help you if there is any other query regarding your question.
Please avoid poor/bad rating.

Waiting for your reply.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was more concerned about the impaction! If she takes the calcium citrate will it cause her to be in pain or issues if it can't get past the impacted area? Or will it help get that impacted area out? I don't want to cause her more pain or have her more backed up! Can you address the calcium citrate and will it move the impacted f
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Please see my response above
Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)

i see that you have requested a new expert. Well calcium citrate would NOT worsen the impaction in the case of your wife HOWEVER there is one matter of concern here, the two exceptions with calcium citrate should not be used or for that matter any drugs are abdominal distension with tenderness and inability to pass air via the rectum. if these two symptoms are present then that could indicate a problem of intestinal obstruction. In such a scenario she would need to be treated in the ER. if she does not have these symptoms, then she can safely use calcium citrate.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor (MD/DO)