A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I took Walgreens non drowsy cold and flu day time .Now I am

Customer Question

I took Walgreens non drowsy cold and flu day time .Now I am getting nervous would like to know if I can take my anxiety med alprazolam 0.5mg tablet.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** am reading your question and will be back with you ASAP.

The ingredient that is causing the nervousness is phenylephrine HCl. It is a decongestant that is also contained in many cold preparations, and in Sudafed. It affects many people this way. It is fine to take your alprazolam to help with the feeling. I would suggest that you not take decongestants if you react this way to them.

Please reply if you have any additional questions or concerns about this.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler

~

If you have no more questions about this, I would appreciate a rating (preferably a "5") since Just Answer only credits us with answering questions if we get a positive rating. This costs you nothing extra.

Thanks!