Dr. Mo
Dr. Mo, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Urgent Care Physician
96392890

I have a very painful area near the top of my pubic area..It

Customer Question

I have a very painful area near the top of my pubic area..It is very red, inflamed and hard. I can't see dr until next week but don't know what to put on it to relieve pain
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: about 2 days... nothing makes it better...It is really painful to move from sitting to standing and walking. I tried my antifungal cream, drawing salve, antibiotic cream... coconut oil made the skin less tight for about an hour or two
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am a diabetic, just got over an UTI about a week or so ago. I thought it was yeast but no itching just bad pain
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 10 months ago.

Hi Dr. Mo here.

Can you send me an image of this so that I may comment on it better?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here is the pic
Expert:  Dr. Mo replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for the image.

You have an infected hair follicle.

Start by putting some baking soda in the area, wash it with white vinegar and apply warm compresses for 20 minutes 3x per day.

If it gets worse you will need oral antibiotics, hopefully what I suggested will take care of it.