Ruple Galani
Ruple Galani,
Experience:  Cardiologist at Baptist Heart (Jacksonville Heart Center)
96676244

Im just wondering if i could get some help i just moved and

Customer Question

hello im just wondering if i could get some help i just moved and my insurance wont kick in till the 1st of the yer year ive been having random periodic chest pain. its sharp and only lasts a few moments and its only on my left side. above my heart. i cant tell if its my heart or my chest. it doesnt last long a few seconds and its not constant but it does happen periodically through out the day
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: no shortness of breath and no this is fairly recent its only been a few weeks. on and off
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well i got my physical done at the beginning of the year and my cholesterol was a little high it was 202
Category: Health
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just didn't know if you had enough information....I'm a 24 year old female. 5'2'' I weigh 206, the pain is sharp and alarming but only lasts a few seconds. I think it might be nerves, I'm not sure though. I've started cutting out caffeine, I don't eat meat really, My chest doesn't hurt to press on it or anything. I'm not sure what else you might need to know? Is there anything?
Expert:  Ruple Galani replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon. Based on your age, it is unlikely to be heart related. Common causes include acid reflux, muscle pain, and pain from the lungs. If it is worse with breathing it is lung related, Pleuritis. If you have more issues, it would advisable to see an physician.

Any other questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it doesn't hurt or get worse with me breathing it goes away, or the breathing doesn't affect it. one or the other but not worse

I do not think then this heart related. If you want try over the counter zantac to see if that helps. if it continues see a physician.