There is a significant chance that she may get alright without antibiotics. But ideally a nose swab and x-ray / MRI of the sinuses should be done to categorically rule out infective sinusitis. Some physician may recommend nasal smear also to differential the allergy and infection. The aim of treatment of sinusitis is; relieve the obstruction, treatment of the infection, if present, thinning the mucus, and opening the sinus. Following would be the treatment protocol;
1) Nasal steroid; decrease inflammation and open up obstruction.
2) Oral decongestants such as pseudoephedrine are often helpful.
3) Topical decongestant for short duration.
4) Antihistamines; use only if allergic.
5) Steam vaporizer
6) Eucalyptus oil may help
7) Nasal saline irrigation
8) Vitamin C
9) Antibiotics; only if nasal culture is positive and there are signs in CT scan.
For treating it naturally; steam inhalation, nasal saline water (salt water) irrigation (can be done by Neti-pot), Vitamin C, Eucalyptus oil inhalation can be done. Following can increase the body immunity so help in overcoming the sinus infection;
1) Omega 3; Fish oil capsule and flaxseed oil capsule.
2) Ginkgo Biloba
3) Zinc 30 mg.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.