Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have A little pain that comes and goes on the right top

Customer Question
I have A little...
I have A little pain that comes and goes on the right top side of my brain. It started yesterday do you think I should worry about this ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
11/20/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Do you have high blood pressure, diabetes or any significant past medical history?

Is the pain mild?

Do you have nausea,, vomiting, vision issue, dizziness, weakness in limbs?

Any history of migraine?

Are you on any medications?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had a history of migraines. I do have slightly high blood pressure, and I take 5 mg of lisinopril.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** don't have an extra $50 to spend on a phone call when I can go to the doctor tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The pain I've been having is in the exact same spot every time

The phone request is an automatic system request. We experts do not initiate it.

I am writing you the answer. This may take about 7-10 minutes.

Thanks for your patience.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's a shooting pain that comes and goes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can stress cause this or the starting of menopause

Just framing the answer. May take another 5 minutes.

Let me at the outset tell you that stress can be responsible for the pain. Anxiety too may be contributory to it. But usually a mild pain may not be indicative of anything serious or significant; especially if your blood pressure is normal and controlled.

Most headaches or pain of these sort which are episodic are caused by following:

Tension-type headache

Migraine headache

Chronic daily headache

Cluster headache

Chronic daily headache is not a type of headache but frequent headaches of various kinds. Most people with chronic daily headache have migraine or tension-type headache as the underlying type of headache. Tension headaches are the most common type of primary headache. So probably this would be the first to be considered in the differential diagnosis of your headache also. A tension headache is a headache caused by tense muscles in the face, neck, or scalp. Tension headaches can be caused by staying in one position for a long time, such as reading, playing video games or using a computer.

Migraine headaches are the second most common type of primary headache.

There are other causes of headache also;

1) sinus headache; this can be a possibility here for you too.

2) Medication overuse headache

3) Post trauma headache; occur after injury or accident.

4) Secondary headache; brain tumor.

These last two (3, 4) are just to complete the answer. They are not a cause of consideration, here.

So I would not be worried and consider it as a tension headache or migraine with your history.

I would not be worried.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Should I try taking an Imitrex to see if the pain goes away

Yes. Imitrex may help.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that doesn't help do you think I should see my doctor tomorrow
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh yeah and how long can this pain last up to

An examination by a doctor would be recommended if this does not go away; just for the precaution. these kind of pain are many times associated with anxiety and stress too.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

It is difficult to predict how long it can last.

Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 12 months ago

Hope you are doing good.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 11 months ago

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)